Header Ads

Prabhas ka best movie

Prabhas ka best  movie .

 Within the past 3 months, from August 2017 to November 2017, I watched every Prabhas movie made. I like them all just because Prabhas is in them. Because I’m not in India, I don’t know or care about what movie makes the most money or what is a hit or a flop. I like what entertains me, whether it’s a romantic comedy or a drama. I have never seen a Bollywood movie (and I’m not sure I want too after watching Telugu movies). I found, after watching all of Prabhas’ movies, that every one of them has something that I love. I didn't watch the movies in chronological order but I memorized the names of his movies that way.

 


Eeshwar, Raghavendra, Varsham, Adavi Ramudu, Chakram, Chatrapathi, Pournami, Yogi, Munna, Bujjigadu, Billa, Ek Niranjan, Darling, Mr. Perfect, Rebel Mirchi, Baahubali 1 and 2 and soon we will see Saaho. (I actually sing this as a song when I was memorizing the names).


Eeshwar was the first movie Prabhas made. I watched it on youtube in Hindi but it had no subtitles so I couldn’t understand everything about the story. But Prabhas just has the acting gene, don’t you think? He is really good at being real and creating believable characters. He started out as a romantic action hero and has been one ever since. His very first movie confirms that he can do it all as an actor. It is so cute, sweet, romantic and dramatic. I loved it!


Raghavendra - It was hard to watch Prabhas suffer as a religious devotee who has given up violence. This is only his second movie so I can forgive any awkward songs or scenes during the comedy portion. But I was never so happy to see Prabhas’ character released to do what he does best to the goons at the end. It was hard waiting to see them get their just desserts.


Varsham - OMGoodness. The romantic moments in this movie take your breath away. No wonder this was a hit. The song Mellaga is mesmerizing, the way Prabhas looks at Trisha and how they dance together. It’s such a great romance story. I think Mellaga is one of Prabhas’ great romantic dance songs ever. (Not including Hamsa Nava from B2, which IS the greatest romantic dance song ever.)


Adavi Ramudu - Prabhas is always great in all his movies. this was the first movie I saw where it shows a village lifestyle vs. the wealthy lifestyle in India. The movie might show an exaggerated portrayal, but it caused me to want to learn more about India than just its movies. A few of Prabhas’ movies start with a childhood friendship that he holds onto for years. I like those movies and Adavi Ramudu is a good one.


Chakram - This was one of the first movies I watched, so the Telugu style was new to me, but I loved this movie! It was funny and Prabhas was cute AND the love song playing in the snow … I watched it for weeks after because it just showed young love and the whole movie was wonderful.


Chatrapathi - Many of his movies have an element of the loss of his mother. In this case, he finds her but he can’t let her know that he is her son. He is such a great actor and some of the scenes about his mother are so touching. These types of movies make his characters vulnerable and who doesn’t love a vulnerable man? Plus, I don’t know what it is about Prabhas, but he excels at the romantic dances with his leading ladies.


Pournami - So, Pournami was probably the 3rd movie of Prabhas that I watched. I finally was able to understand that in a Telugu movie there would always be a back story that was totally different than what you expect. So when we learn of the back story of Pournami (which is super romantic), putting the first part back with the last part makes the movie just so much more amazing.


Yogi was similar to Chatrapathi. I don’t know which I saw first, but it’s all about leaving the village to buy his mother new bangles, trying to locate her again and being a hero to the local people. I love all of his movies, but I really like movies where he shows his love for his mother. This one was sad at the end, but it was a great, sweet movie.


Munna - One of my very favorites! A great twist, a great story, a fun romance, great songs and dancing, great fight scenes (all Prabhas fight scenes are great) and a very good ending. Prabhas looks amazing. I love this movie! In fact, Munna, Bujjigadu, Billa and Ek Niranjan could all take turns in my top 5 favorites.


Bujjigadu - The first of my all time favorites (not including the Baahubali movies, which are in a celestial category by themselves). I love to see him in these romantic comedies! He is so charming and funny. Plus he is acting with Trisha again, and I think they have really great chemistry on screen. My favorite line is by Mohan Babu when he asks Bujji what will you do if she says I love you. And Bujji says he will kill her, which causes alarm but then Bujji heatedly explains that she should wait for Bujji and Bujji is her husband and if she falls in love with idiots like him, shouldn’t he kill her? And Mohan Babu says, “I am fully convinced … that you are 100% correct. You can kill her. I appreciate your logic.” That’s one of the best scenes ever! I’m still laughing at Prabhas and this exchange between him and Mohan Babu.


Billa - Is this the best looking man on the planet or what?! Seriously, people! Yes, everyone calls it a “stylish” movie. But it isn’t just the way he wears his clothes, it’s his swagger, his bad boy persona, his devil-may-care attitude (but still he has a small soft place in his hard heart for his main woman) and its his ability to play a villain and switch it over to a lovable goofball. I loved Billa. PLUS, the song Bommali with Anushka was so much fun! I think Prabhas is an amazing dancer in all of his movies, but I loved the way he moved in this one.


Ek Niranjan - Again, another movie that I love. I’m not a critic, so I can love all of Prabhas’ movies, ok? I recently found out that the leading lady and Prabhas did not get along during parts of this movie. Frankly, you would have never known because the love song in this movie was to die for. He was sweet and vulnerable and his eyes and his smile said he loved her. It was a great movie. I think that if these last four movies were released in America on Netflix that the women would all fall in love with Prabhas. These four are all romantic comedies and all American women love romance movies with a dreamy, charming, good looking male actor!


Darling - Now THIS is a fun movie. One thing about Prabhas’ movies is his ability to be so cute and funny in his comedy roles. And, you know, this movie has such great writing too! It’s just a great, fun story that has a huge twist right in the middle. I like the rivalry between Prabhas and Rishi, his competition for the girl. I love Kajal Aggarwal. She is great with Prabhas and they have a great comedy vibe together. I think I never stopped smiling while watching this movie.


Mr. Perfect - One of my favorite little bits to this great movie is his internal dialogue when he realizes that Priya (who he was supposed to be checking out for marriage) was the one that dumped him 10 km away from where he needed to be. She already thinks she hates him and he is thinking that he is going to really give her heck over the next few days. But when he is thinking internally he is acting outwardly and he gives a little shake of the head showing his frustration and irritation. Hard to describe, but just shows he knows how to let us all see what he is thinking. I love a good movie where the boy and girl hate each other at the beginning and fall in love at the end. Love, love, love.


Rebel - Ok, they say not his best movie. But Rebel really has some great scenes in it! Plus great dancing. The best scene is the interval fight scene at the cafe. I show my friends this scene just so they can see how cool Telugu movies are. I love the dance sequences with Tamannaah. But, you know, he doesn’t romance her in these dances the way he does with his other leading ladies. He doesn’t get to brush his beautifully mustached lip across her neck like he does to the ladies in his other movies. She gets too giggly with him. haha! But I like Rebel.


Mirchi - He looks so great in this movie, especially in the flashback to the days when he visits his father and meets the love of his life (reel and real - fingers crossed). Lots of great action, a great story and my favorite meme: the scene where he puts the scyth in his teeth and jumps down the steps all while tying his silk mundu or dohti (not sure of the correct word). But either way, I send this meme to my kids to show them how I feel when they don’t want to watch a Prabhas movie with me. haha. It’s good for a lot of different situations.


Baahubali: The Beginning … of my life. When my husband accidentally found Baahubali on Netflix in August, 2017, we were hooked. Luckily, B2 had just come out on Netflix as well so we did not have to wait to see the whole wonderfulness that is Baahubali. The Baahubali movies are the first Indian movies that I have ever seen and will be my quintessential favorite movies ever for the rest of my life. I can’t imagine that I will love a series of movies more than I love the Baahubali movies. But Baahubali isn’t just about Prabhas. B1 and B2 are better than any Hollywood movie ever made. If we want to use Hollywood as the supreme example of great movie making, then Hollywood needs to up its game because B1 and B2 are greater than anything Hollywood has ever done. Oh, so you think I’m just a little cute older lady who has no knowledge of real cinema. Fine. But I watch a lot of Hollywood and where in Hollywood do you find a movie with the scope, scale, color, story, heroes, heroines, evil villains, songs, music, romance, action, comedy, inventiveness, creativity, and have every part of the two movies circle back and tie up every loose end AND create myths and legends out of its characters. Plus, I enjoy not hearing swear words in movies. I enjoy not having to cover my eyes when there are explicit scenes on the screen. I enjoy having characters that have morals and ethics. So, no. Hollywood does not have the best movies ever made. India does.


I can’t say which of Prabhas’ movies are the best because they are all great! But Baahubali 1 and 2 are the best movies ever made and they made him an international super star, so … there ya go. B1 and B2 are his best movies but all of his others are so great, crazy good, fun and totally entertaining.


So, I have spilled my feelings of love and adoration for Prabhas to the world (Quora) for all to see. I hope you guys don’t judge me too harshly for only loving him and his movies. But I can’t move away from Prabhas into other actors or cinema in India just yet. I’m just not ready. I have to see all of his movies at least 5 or 10 more times. Baahubali 1 and 2; I’ve seen 13 times and counting. But when I do move on, it will be Telugu cinema first because it is where Prabhas’ heart resides. Then I’ll follow him wherever he goes.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.